SLIS is now accepting S2 (Shiftees within UP Diliman) and T1 (Transfer from other UP Units) through online submission of application for the Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) program First Semester AY 2021-2022 intake.
Students may qualify for application as S2 or T1 based on the following:
1. An applicant has completed two or more semesters or at least 30 units of courses with the following grade
• S2 (Shiftees within UPD) CWA of 2.25 or better in all academic courses taken in the University
• T1 (Transfer from other UP units) GWA of 2.50 or better
2. Additionally, S2 & T1 applicants are highly recommended to take one (1) to three (3) introductory LIS courses prior to application with an LIS weighted average of 2.0 in these courses. Applicants shall be accepted on the basis of evaluation of grades, essay, and interview results, and the quota set by the School and the Office of the University Registrar (OUR), UP Diliman.
Please refer to the instructions for interested S2 (shiftees) and T1 (transferees):
1. Read and accomplish the forms in this drive: http://bit.do/BLISS2T1-2021-AppPacket
2. E-mail the completed application packet to: collegesecretary [AT] slis [DOT] upd [DOT] edu [DOT] ph
3. After emailing the submission packet, register in the BLIS apps tracking form: http://bit.do/BLISS2T1-2021-AppTracking
Deadline of e-submission is on 30 June 2021.
Essay and panel interview guidelines will be emailed to you once application requirements are received and evaluated. Aptitude Test from the Office of the Counseling and Guidance (OCG) will be waived this application period.
Please note that T2 applicants (Transfer from other schools), must apply through the UP Diliman Office of the University Registrar (OUR). For more information on T2 applications, please check the OUR website at https://our.upd.edu.ph. SLIS will get in touch with T2 applicants as soon as we receive their evaluated application from the OUR.
Inquiries about the application process and/or the program must be directed to:
Prof. Yhna Therese P. Santos
e-mail: collegesecretary [AT] slis [DOT] upd [DOT] edu [DOT] ph
Date: 2021-07-01 14:39:35
UPSLIS graduates achieve 100% passing rate and 6 of the top spots in the September 2021 Librarian Licensure Examination
SLIS faculty members present at the 2021 Annual Meeting of the Document Academy
The UP SLIS Library announces its new logo by Mary Therese Laput
The UP School of Library and Information Studies celebrated its 60th Founding Anniversary on July 1, 2021. This milestone was greeted with a week-long activity, including the UP SLIS Digital Exhibit.